I know… it’s frustrating. You eat right 99% of a time, exercise, and don’t fume or drink… though still don’t feel well. Worse yet, your crony who drinks soda and quick food seems healthier than you!
I’ve been there (trust me), and I’m vehement to speak about today’s subject given we consider it has a lot to do with since health is not a turn personification field. we am here with Alex Swanson, a owner of Nutrition Genome. Alex is substantially a many associating chairman I’ve ever oral to on a subject of DNA testing. He’s a second-generation nutritionist and co-owner of a Swanson Health Center, a private family clinical nourishment use that’s been in business for over 40 years. He’s also a creator of a renouned blog, The Health Beat.
This subject is nearby and dear to my heart given meaningful some-more about my possess genes was a health game-changer for me. Let’s dive in!
In box we haven’t listened of it before, Nutrition Genome is a use we can sequence (without a doctor). Based on their lab investigate from a elementary bandage of saliva, Nutrition Genome compiles a 50-page news on 8 health categories display how your genetics impact your need for certain vitamins and minerals, as good as that toxins or dishes your physique might not hoop well.
You can see a representation Nutrition Genome news here.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the many critical genes to know and support for a healthy pregnancy
- what a BRCA gene is and how to strengthen this gene
- the environmental venom that increases cancer risk (and a food to avoid) if we have BRCA genes
- the reason red booze can assistance strengthen your genes
- how dwindling dairy can strengthen certain genes
- how eating 27 vegetables a week can revoke cancer risk by 73%
- the genuine tie between APOE and Alzheimer’s
- what we can do to strengthen your mind if we have APOE
- what investigate shows can assistance strengthen opposite Alzheimer’s
- how highlight directly impacts genes
- what a PEMT gene is and how it affects memory and health
- a reason to equivocate antihistamines and certain nap drugs
- the gene we wish to know if your kids have, generally if they ever get a concussion
- how to know if caffeine is good for we or not
- genes that describe to mental health and how they can assistance we revoke stress depression
- the genes that describe to jaunty opening and ability
- PTR-Alpha: how to know if we don’t do good with fasting
- the gene that indicates that we might not do as good with jam-packed fat
- what genes describe to vitamin D and how to know if we have them
- the VDR gene cofactors that impact vitamin D absorption
- yet another reason that sugarine is bad for us and should be avoided
- why a so critical to keep glutathione levels high (and how to boost it)
- understanding omega-3 and if we need it or not
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- Nutrition Genome (Alex has easily offering to give 10% off with a formula WELLNESSMAMA)
- The Health Beat
- Dry Farm Wines (organic and low-sugar)
- Vitamin D
- 23 Me (ancestry report)
- Viome (gut testing)
- 135: Understanding Genetic Testing, Epigenetics and Genetic Polymorphisms with Dr. Ben Lynch
- 139: Understanding Generational Toxins and Epigenetic Changes with Dr. Mindy Pelz
- 149: Saunacast: Genetics, Personalized Medicine and Random Health Experiments
- 159: How a Billionaire Plans to Fix Education, Make Disease Optional, and Land on a Moon With Naveen Jain
- 168: A Proactive Approach to Aging and Sexual Health and Wellness With HealthWellnessMD
- The Master Antioxidant: Glutathione
- Intermittent Fasting: Can Skipping Meals Make You Healthier?
Have we ever attempted genetic testing? What did we find out, and did it help? And please, take dual mins to leave a review on iTunes. we value meaningful what we consider and this helps other moms find a podcast as well.
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This part is brought to we by Four Sigmatic. My kitchen is always stocked with their coffee fungus blends, their Matcha mix, and their true fungus drinks. Four Sigmatic has figured out how to get a advantages of mushrooms like chaga, lions mane, cordyceps and reishi into tasty present drinks. My stream favorite is their adaptogen coffee mix that has tolsi and astragalus. But we adore all of their products. They have options with or but caffeine so if you’re not a caffeine chairman we can find products that we will love. And we find that even their coffee blends that do enclose caffeine have reduction than a normal crater of coffee. But don’t let this dope you. we have found that we get so most some-more concentration and mental clarity from these fungus blends than we do from unchanging coffee, and but a jitters. The further of a mushrooms, that are deliberate nootropics, definition that they are good for a mind creates these super food blends some-more effective and most healthier than only unchanging aged coffee. we adore them with a lurch of macadamia divert personally. we also adore that many of their splash mixes are present and finished into particular servings so they are ideal for transport or on a go. If you’re listening to this, afterwards we can get a special offer only for listeners of this podcast by going to FourSigmatic.com/WellnessMama.
This podcast is also brought to we by Good Culture. Good Culture creates extraordinary lodge cheese. we know, we know, not indispensably dual difference we would put in a same judgment on bland speaking. But theirs is awesome, we promise, even if we don’t adore lodge cheese. Basically, it’s naturally fermented lodge cheese so it’s giveaway of gums, fillers, and additives and it’s packaged with probiotics. And given it’s done naturally it doesn’t have that uncanny mouth feel that a lot of lodge cheese has. So, we use it all a time in cooking and smoothies as a surrogate for other forms of cheese, or only a dish on a go. You can find it during Whole Foods and many other grocery stores and it comes in yogurt-sized cups too, and those are ideal for meals. Check them out. It’s Good Culture and they are accessible during many grocery stores. we share one of my favorite recipes regulating Good Culture here.