If you’ve ever wondered if your efforts to make a some-more healthy home environment are value it, this partial should remonstrate you! Marilee Nelson is an consultant on chemical attraction and the founder of The House Doctors, a consulting organisation dedicated to cleaner, some-more healthy homes.
Due to her prolonged onslaught to reanimate possess son’s chemical sensitivities, Marilee sees it as her personal goal to get a word out about a common domicile materials and dishes that competence be poisoning a health. She even co-founded a healthy line of cleaners we use and adore called Branch Basics.
On tip of all that, Marilee is a medicinal cook, a board-certified nutritionist, a approved Bau-Biologist and Inspector (which is a building biologist), and a building materials dilettante for healthy homes. She has spent scarcely 30 years as a Dietary and Environmental Consultant for clients opposite a nation who are chemically-sensitive or chronically ill… not to discuss those who are usually plain intelligent and wish to have a healthy home!
Episode Highlights With Branch Basics
- How Marilee’s possess health struggles started her search
- The retaining story of her son’s liberation after a serious chemical overexposure, and what it took to reanimate him
- Some dark elements in your home that competence be causing vital health and behavioral problems
- Cases when required products competence be improved than “green” materials
- The startling reasons we competence wish to equivocate low- and no-VOC paint (hint: SVOC)
- Why to chuck divided your CFL bulbs
- The slow effects of pesticides even inside a home
- Simple stairs to freshen a atmosphere in your home and revoke chemical exposures
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Branch Basics
- Air Doctor air filter
- EMF Kill Switch (Wellness Mama listeners accept 10% off with a formula wellnessmama10)
- Smart block with remote
- Volt meter
- EMF shields we use
- Homebiotic (prevents mold naturally)
- Advanced Chemical Sensors (ask for a 40-hour aldehyde test)
- Durisol petrify forms
- ECOS paints
- EnviroSafe paint
- Great HEPA vacuum
More From Wellness Mama
- New book! The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox (now pre-ordering)
- 135: Understanding Genetic Testing, Epigenetics, and Genetic Polymorphisms With Dr. Ben Lynch
- 175: When Natural Doesn’t Mean Safe Creating Non-Toxic Homes With Green Design Center
- Organic Pest Control for Gardens (Natural Options)
- Diatomaceous Earth: 10 Amazing Uses for DE Around a Home
- The Dangers of Plastic
- Why we DON’T Use Antibacterial Soap
- Why We Don’t Use a Microwave
The normal chairman is unprotected to between 134 and 200 chemicals… before they even leave their homes in a morning!
Sometimes we have something that happens to us that has a ability to arise us adult to critical truths that are maybe hidden, misunderstood, or not good understood.
Our healthy recovering routine has been hijacked by a determined norms of a day.
Have we or a desired one ever struggled with chemical sensitivity? What did we do? I’d also unequivocally conclude if we took dual mins to leave me a examination on iTunes. we value meaningful what we consider and this helps other moms find a podcast as well!
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors!
This podcast is brought to we by SteadyMD. I’ve been regulating this association for a past year and we adore them. Here’s how it works. Instead of carrying a primary alloy that we have to make an appointment to see, wait for hours in a bureau to visit, we can now have your alloy accessible whatever we need him or her by your phone. SteadyMD has a staff of doctors who are accessible around call, content or video discuss whenever we need them, so they respond fast and they already know your medical history. You get interconnected with a singular alloy so we can work with them as a long-term partner for your health. They’re good capable in lab testing, medicine health, and organic medicine and they’re good for those pointless problematic off-hours medical questions so we don’t have to run to obligatory care. You can check them out and see if they are right for we by visiting SteadyMD.com/wellnessmama. They do have singular spots available, so I’d check them out fast if you’re interested.
This partial is brought to we by Crunchy Betty. It’s summer and where we am it is super prohibited and humid. I’ve always done my possess deodorant and we still consider that’s an extraordinary option. It works well, though lately, I’ve been so bustling that I’ve been branch to a pre-made healthy deodorant, and we am amatory it. It’s called Kokomo Cream and it smells like a pleasant vacation. Think coconut and orange in bliss and it works impossibly well. My father uses it too, we both adore a smell and we adore how uninformed we stay all day. My favorite part, it’s from a tiny family business and we could usually find it right now on Etsy. So, we can find it by going to etsy.com/shop/crunchybetty.