Oh summer… how we adore thee. With an abundance of uninformed veggies during a farmer’s marketplace (not to mention fresh peaches for cobbler) and lots of fun activities to do as a family, summer is roughly perfect…
Except for a mosquitoes… or the occasional poison ivy… or an tingling bark sunburn!
Of course, homemade bug mist helps sentinel off many of a mosquitoes, and homemade sunscreen helps equivocate a sunburn in a initial place. Still, it seems that during some indicate someone forgets one or a other and ends adult with itchy, raw skin.
I always seem to be a magnet for mosquitoes, so even only a integrate mins of slicing a boys’ hair outward or holding out a rabble is customarily adequate to leave me with a few bites.
Homemade Anti-Itch Spray
This anti-itch mist contains a reduction of manly healthy remedies that assistance discharge eagerness immediately. I’ve attempted it on butterfly bites, poison ivy, sunburn, chigger bites, and even severe arouse browns with good results.
The tip part is menthol crystals. we use these manly healthy crystals in my pain service unguent bars and my balmy showering melts for cold relief. Menthol is naturally cooling and balmy and is mostly used in salves, balms, mouthwashes, liniments, lozenges, and other remedies.
I make this in a 4-ounce mist bottle, though we could simply double a recipe or cut in half to fit your enclosure size.
Anti-Itch Spray Ingredients
- 1/4 crater healthy magician hazel extract
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 1/2 tsp menthol crystals (approximately 1-2 crystals)
- 2 TBSP aloe vera gel
- 1 TBSP organic apple cider vinegar (optional – can use additional aloe)
- optional: 5 drops of lavender essential oil (this is my favorite brand)
- optional: 5 drops calendula essential oil
Anti-Itch Spray Instructions
- Carefully feverishness a magician hazel remove in a tiny saucepan until comfortable to a hold (about 130 degrees). This is to warp a menthol crystals and salt, that warp during about 115 degrees F.
- Add a salt and stir until dissolved.
- Using tweezers or gloves, supplement a menthol crystals to a magician hazel and stir until dissolved. Avoid touching menthol with your hands, as it can prick eyes or other supportive areas if we hold them after.
- When menthol is dissolved and a reduction has cooled, supplement a aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils (if using) and delicately send to a mist bottle for use.
Spray and let dry on tingling skin as needed. This will store for months during room temperature, though we cite to keep in a fridge for additional cooling of tingling skin.
Note: The essential oils can be left out for use on profound women or children, though I’d still suggest checking with a alloy before regulating if we are profound or have a medical condition.
Other Natural Remedies for Itchy Skin
If we don’t have all a mixture for this anti-itch mist on palm when tingling skin strikes, there are some elementary healthy methods to try:
- Apply a pulp of bentonite clay and H2O to provide tingling skin. we also use bentonite clay in my anti-itch cream (use it like calamine lotion).
- Crush peppermint leaves and massage them on bug bites for a healthy menthol effect.
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and H2O for a balmy paste.
- The Native Americans used valuables weed for the skin-soothing properties. If we don’t feel like personification naturalist and foraging for it (thus removing some-more poison ivy), we can buy an herbal jewel weed salve.
Ever struggled with tingling skin? What worked for you?