We’ve talked a lot about how to equivocate chemicals during home and fundamentally how to make home a safer place for a kids and families. It’s a estimable idea though it’s easy to get impressed when it starts to sound like all from atmosphere to H2O to candles to runner is dangerous.
That’s because we adore Leah Segedie, my guest currently and author of a book Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier — All Without Driving Your Family Crazy. That pretension is right on a income and something all of us moms are perplexing to do.
Leah is a food romantic and a owner of a Mamavation Community, that teaches moms like us healthy vital practices to fight illness starting in a home. Her ultimate idea is to make healthy vital easy to put into practice, but vital in a burble or spending thousands on costly products. She’s always a blast to speak to and I’m looking brazen to comparing notes!
Episode Highlights: Green Enough With Leah Segedie
- the biggest source of hormone-disrupting BPA and how to equivocate it (p.s. it’s not canned goods)
- three simple things to equivocate inside your home, period
- the no-cost approach to revoke chemical bearing inside your home
- how to find change in a query to have a healthy family
- the ways glow retardants means repairs rather than forestall it
- which plastics are a slightest harmful, and that to always avoid
- why we should chuck out any kitchen mechanism done with black plastic
- the places phthalates are stealing in your home
- problems with tampons (and what to use instead)
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- Sign Leah’s petition asking Target to switch to protected receipts
- Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier–All Without Driving Your Family Crazy! by Leah Segedie
- Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival?–A Scientific Detective Story by Theo Colborn
- Best dryer sheets: Eco Pure (reusable) or Grab Green
- Best washing detergents: Attitude, BioClean, Charlie’s Soap, Eco Nuts, Eco-Me, Grab Green, and Molly Suds
- Menstrual cups: Diva or Luna
- Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee
More From Wellness Mama
- 121: Cookware Problems: Understanding What’s Hiding in Most Cookware
- 196: How a Modern World Is Changing Our Hormones ( How to Create a Balance Plan)
- The Dangers of Plastic
- How to Reduce Plastic Use in a Home
- What Are a Safest Cookware Options?
- How to Choose an Organic Mattress (+ My Top Mattress Reviews)
- When A Natural Mattress Isn’t in a Budget
- The Problem with Coffee Pods
- How to Make Better Coffee With Non-Toxic Coffee Makers
- Problems With Perfumes and Fragrances
- DIY Herbal Perfume Recipe
- Menstrual Cup: How to Use One for a Healthy, Eco-Friendly Period
Did we suffer this episode? What other questions do we have for Leah? Please dump a criticism next or leave a examination on iTunes to let us know. We value meaningful what we consider and this helps other moms find a podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This part is sponsored by Just Thrive probiotics. we found this association a integrate of months ago and was blown divided by a disproportion in their products! Just Thrive offers dual cornerstone products that are both clinically studies and rarely effective. Their probiotic has been clinical studies to assistance with leaky tummy and to tarry adult to 1000 as most as other probiotics. The disproportion is a spore-based strains that are enclosed that work totally differently than other forms of probiotics. This probiotic is also vegan, dairy-free, histamine giveaway and is non-GMO, and done WITHOUT soy, dairy, sugar, salt, corn, tree nuts or gluten. Just Thrive Probiotic contains a law aria called Bacillus Indicus HU36®, that produces antioxidants in a digestive complement – where they can be best engrossed by a body. Their other product is a K2-7, and this nutritious is famous as a “Activator X” super-nutrient that Weston A. Price – a dentist famous essentially for his theories on a attribute between nutrition, good health, bone growth and teeth – found prevalent in dishes in a healthiest communities. Theirs is a usually curative grade, all-natural vitamin K2 addition with published reserve studies. Like a probiotic, this addition is gluten, dairy, soy, nut, and GMO-free. Check out both during Thrive Probiotics.
This podcast is brought to we by Spar, a cold new app we found that lets we gamify function change to make we some-more expected to hang to it and here’s what we mean. You download a app for giveaway and emanate an comment afterwards we can join or emanate a plea to assistance we do anything from going for a travel any day, doing 20 push-ups any day or even reading for a certain volume of time any day. To make it fun, we can plea friends to join we and we check in any day around video to infer that we did it. If we skip a day of a plea we get charged a chastisement and a leader takes a whole pot so we can indeed win some critical money while removing improved during a robe we wish to get improved during anyway. People are regulating this from anything from flossing their teeth to reading any day or sportive or going to bed by 10 pm. If we wish to check it out, only download a Spar app from a App store and burst in.